Saturday, April 2, 2016

Unstuffed, The Beginning

This post is written as part of the Unstuffed Blog Tour, which I am excited to be a part of along with many other inspiring bloggers. To learn more about the blog tour and join us, click HERE.




I have the amazing honor of being chosen to be on the launch team for Unstuffed by Ruth Soukup! Now you have to understand that I am never picked for anything. So when I decided to put my name in the hat to be chosen, I expected an email saying "You weren't chosen. Good luck next time!" When I got the email saying that I had been chosen, I knew it was all God's doing. God knew that I needed some "unstuffing" in my life and it came at the perfect time. Jeff and I had been talking about going through our stuff and getting rid of a lot. We have been in our house for 10 months and I still can't find a place for everything. I thought moving into a bigger house would allow for all of our stuff but I was wrong. Ruth said it better than I ever could:



Where in the world did it all come from??????

Ok, let's be honest. I know that answer... family and my hoarding. I didn't want to admit it, even though my husband is constantly telling me that I am a hoarder. But now it is being passed on to my children and that is unacceptable! Callee can't stand to get rid of anything. She gets upset when I throw away her old homework papers. Seriously!?!?!?! She has so many toys that she doesn't even know what to play with. She is constantly asking me what to play with. She doesn't really enjoy playing in her room because she is surrounded by too many things. I know that is mainly my fault. I want to keep all her toys for Lexi. Ok that's not 100% true.... I've attached memories to all Callee's old toys and I don't want to throw those memories away. Now I'm learning that I'm not throwing those memories away. I'm just getting rid of the toys but that is a difficult concept for me. For example, Callee has way too many My Little Ponies and  their accessories. However, I don't want to get rid of them because when I look at them, I see her at the age of 3 playing in "Ponyville." I also see myself when I was little because I loved My Little Pony! It's hard to get rid of something that brings back precious memories.

Ruth's book was a definite wake-up call. I've only made it through the first few chapters and I already have a game plan for "unstuffing" our house. I don't want to pass my bad habit down to my girls. I want them to enjoy their toys, instead of being so overwhelmed they can't. The month of April is going to be our "unstuffing" month. Today is the beginning of a long and difficult process for our family but it needs to be done. Next week I'll let you know how this 1st weekend of unstuffing went but for now, I should get to work on my girls' rooms!

Pray for me during this process because I know that only God can get me through this!

"No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it."  1 Corinthians 10:13

No comments:

Post a Comment